TroyTheTech

Options for 5.1/7.1 audio , WAV file output

3 posts in this topic

Just a Suggestion/Request for the options related to audio/sound recording:

• 5.1/7.1 audio recording
  • 5.1/7.1 WAV file(s) output

Currently (version 3702 at the time of this posting), Playclaw works great; but down-mixes the audio from any multichannel sources (Surround Sound, 5.1/6-channel, 7.1/8-channel) to 2-channel audio (Stereo), mixed into one audio 'track' within the recording.

While this is a great way to avoid incompatibilities with video editing programs, save on file size created and more, I am merely submitting the idea for the option for the user to choose whether to record in 5.1/7.1 audio, and whether to output the audio into separate WAV format audio files.  Some game recording applications already offer this, but I wanted to try help improve Playclaw, so I am just adding it here B)

Enjoying Playclaw otherwise, it works without problems for me personally! Keep up the great work!

As to writing audio in a separate file, Playclaw already can do that, Under encoder, there is an option called "Write audio in separate files".

On 5/25/2017 at 5:38 AM, Koosemose said:

As to writing audio in a separate file, Playclaw already can do that, Under encoder, there is an option called "Write audio in separate files".

Thanks for reminding me about that! I seem to forget it is there...

However, it still has as an output, one useable Stereo WAV

Just suggesting the possibility of, for example, four Stereo WAV output (8-channels) or eight Monaural WAV file output, for the future someday