Edward

Main beta

43 posts in this topic

Sorry for delay with new beta :(

http://www.playclaw.com/playclaw5.3557.exe

• Fixed crash on capture stop on some systems
  • Added new Info Print overlay in test version (even without settings). It shows on screen some of log prints. For example, frame resolution and game render type :)
  • Fixed Warhammer 40000: Dawn of War render bug
  • Plugin API: Added StartPrerecording method
  • Capture overlay: added warning "low hdd space" when free space on target disk is lower than 1gb
  • Twitch overlay: connection was moved to separate thread to avoid too long PlayClaw start.
  • Added "auto restart pre-recording after stop" option in Encoder options.

It is available in steam too

http://www.playclaw.com/playclaw5.3560.exe

Additional changes to previous beta build:

• SysInfo overlay: added renderer type & frame size indicators instead of Info Print overlay
  • Fixed wrong system tray icon notification text
  • Fixed correct capture shutdown on game/playclaw exit

On ‎16‎.‎03‎.‎2016 at 3:06 PM, Edward said:

Better to have one beta thread. Here it is

Main change: now if you enable "separate audio files", PlayClaw will write only in PCM 16-bits format. No more "ugly" m4a ;)

1. Why "ugly m4a" ?

2. Why not let the user decide which format he want to use?

Regards

ddcool

1 hour ago, ddcool said:

1. Why "ugly m4a" ?

2. Why not let the user decide which format he want to use?

Regards

ddcool

1. m4a is standard, yes. But a lots of programs just do not support it. Or, in other words, a lots of users have problems with this.

2. Such feature for separate audio files will be available later.

Currently old good raw PCM rulez :) 

1 person likes this

On 4/13/2016 at 11:11 AM, Edward said:

Additional changes to previous beta build:

• SysInfo overlay: added renderer type & frame size indicators instead of Info Print overlay
  • Fixed wrong system tray icon notification text
  • Fixed correct capture shutdown on game/playclaw exit

After installing I am being asked to activate it. I have a steam license and can't seem to find an activation code. How do I activate this in order to use it. It would be so much easier if you just kept the current betas up on Steam, however, it seems that there are no betas at all there. The [extra_test] version is the same as the current version, 3550.

i don;t think you can you a steam key you have to wait untill they put it on steam.

I may be wrong but i think that is how it works.

So, after NVEnc got some advanced options, will the x264 encoder get that as well? I'd like some basic advanced options along with a command line to specify additional switches and stuff.

On 5/8/2016 at 1:30 PM, Dragon said:

So, after NVEnc got some advanced options, will the x264 encoder get that as well? I'd like some basic advanced options along with a command line to specify additional switches and stuff.

yes, x264 will be changed too. But a bit later.

Hi! Is there support for DX12? The overlay does not show in "Forza 6 Apex Beta" from the windows store and from what i gather from the very little information i can find about it, it runs on DX12. Do not know how to confirm this, but would love to be able to record it, and as we all know, Windows 10's built in DVR is like reheated poop.

Just curious, still love playclaw.

DX12 is in plan for next update (after update which will be published today)

http://www.playclaw.com/playclaw5.3590.exe

• Fixed Fast codec wrong decoding with 1366x768 frames
  • Added Webcam overlay toggle hotkey
  • Fixed DayZ Experimental compatibility
  • Fixed slow settings panes switch

This build has more of internal changes. We're preparing to add some new features (for example, directx 12 support) and need to be sure that everything old works good.

Steam version is available in extra_test channel

1 person likes this

You're the man Edward! I logged in to ask about the DayZ thing and you already fixed it! THANKS!

As a side note... I still have the issue with the countdown replay buffer. It forces me to lower my bitrate to get it to work properly. 

On 6/17/2016 at 6:06 AM, DanQ said:

As a side note... I still have the issue with the countdown replay buffer. It forces me to lower my bitrate to get it to work properly. 

Yes, it is still in our plans for fixing... Sorry, there are several important tasks which requires more attention.

http://www.playclaw.com/playclaw5.3594.exe

Additional changes:

• Steam version: Added option to keep "Running App" steam status
  • Fixed invalid key binding which caused unwanted recording and streaming starts
  • Steam achievements are back!
  • Fixed BF3/4 crash on exit on some systems
1 person likes this

Thanks for another Update! 

Спасибо за еще одно обновление!

:geek: 

Just something I've noticed with the MJPEG codec... It's great that you included this very compatible and high-speed codec and it works great - the only issue I have noticed is a small one (so I will put this in Development not Support, if that is ok):

The Checkbox that states "YUV 411" actually produces an output that looks better than Default (no checkmark).... I thought that 4:1:1 would actually look 'worse' than the Default, so I looked into the file and the recording produced with the checkmark/enabled appears to have a Metadata stating it is YUV 4:4:4 (when opened with Mediainfo, etc) - which explains why it looks better than the Default setting, which looks like it has a Metadata of 4:2:0.

Here is an example of a red square 'dot' on a black background, Desktop recorded with Playclaw using MJPEG, with the checkbox enabled and disabled (cropped images taken from the frames of the recording):

Playclaw5plus - MJPEG checkbox comparison (red square dot on black) .png 

The left side is with a checkmark ("411") which comes out as 4:4:4 in the recorded file.
The right side is no checkmark, which comes out as 4:2:0 in the recorded file.

Unless I am understanding Chroma and YUV codes incorrectly, I thought that 4:4:4 is supposed to be superior to 4:1:1 (since in 4:1:1, only "...one sample is taken every four.." but in 4:4:4 "...a sample in four is taken in every one...."). If this is true, then perhaps the "YUV411" was meant to say "YUV444" next to the checkbox? This would go along with the trend of the other checkmark ("Full Range") being higher quality, as well; making both checkmarks increase the quality...

I may be wrong here, please feel free to let me know, I am still learning about these Chroma codes and numbers (which is why I was looking at them) - and sorry to bother you with such a small detail, I just wanted to help out. :mrgreen: I am continually enjoying Playclaw! 

So ive been having issues with playclaw for many months now and it seems that the issue is not being corrected.... so whenever i have playclaw open, if i then proceed to open a game like rocket league or Assetto Corsa, it crashes the game... the game will open up for a few seconds then return to the desktop... this has happened to me across Windows 7 and Windows 10. Please fix this because playclaw is an awesome low maintenance and low profile game recorder that is very easy to use... oh and one more thing, playclaw for some reason wont record overlays like the Discord overlay.

On 6/24/2016 at 4:35 AM, Edward said:

I just installed this on my new system.   i7 6700k, asus ranger mobo, gtx 970.   New win7 64 bit ultimate install  Not sure what is going on but when i start play claw, it freezes then freezes my entire system.  When I try to pull up task manager, the screen goes black.    have to reset the computer.    There is no playclaw.txt file in Documents to give you.