Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koosemose

Marquee Text

2 posts in this topic

Marquee Text

This overlay simply displays text from a file, all on a single line, and if the text is too long to fit in the overlay's boundaries, the text will slowly scroll. If the file changes the text will be reloaded and the new text will replace the original.

It is primarily meant for use with other programs which save your currently playing music track to a text file, such as Snip (https://github.com/dlrudie/Snip/releases/latest ), but feel free to use it for anything you wish.

As there are many similarities between this and the new features of the Text Overlay, I will mention the differences which are why I still released it despite the heavy overlap. First, this is only a marquee (or ticker) and only loads from file. It will only scroll when the text loaded from the file won't fit in the available space. The last, and I feel most important, is a matter of aesthetics, rather than scrolling until the text scrolls off the side then starting the text in from the right, the text will start scrolling back in from the right before the end is fully scrolled off the left side (as can be seen in the second screenshot).

Ability to change the scrolling speed should be coming in the next version (which will likely become higher on my priority list if interest is shown in this variation).

Suggestions welcome.

How to install

Just download and copy zip file in your PlayClaw/plugins folder, unzip it, you will see Marquee Text folder with files, then start PlayClaw, new plugin should be visible in plugins list.

Github Link: https://github.com/koosemose/Marquee-Text

seeing as how you have experience modifying/creating plugins. I was hoping you might know a way to get the text overlay plugin to support html formatting within the file.

such as:

<html><font color=orange>david bowie</font> <font color=red>space oddity</font></html>

related post: